Nicholas Rutkowski OD and Associates is the best choice for personalized astigmatism treatment in Bourbonnais, IL. Our eye doctor offers 3 different eye tests to assess how your eyes are doing. Then, we’ll move on to your treatment based on your type of astigmatism. As a holistic eye care center, we strive to help you approach eye health in all possible ways.
Whether you have astigmatism or think you may have, Dr. Nicholas Rutkowski is the optometrist to go to in Bourbonnais, IL.
Detecting Your Astigmatism Is Key
If you have astigmatism, you’re not alone. This common condition affects millions of Americans. Astigmatism occurs when the front surface of your eye, the cornea, isn’t perfectly round. This irregular shape prevents light from focusing correctly on the back of your eye, which can lead to blurred vision. There are two different types of astigmatism: regular and irregular.
- Regular astigmatism occurs when your cornea is curved equally in all directions.
- Irregular astigmatism occurs when your cornea is curved more in one direction than another.
We Offer Eye-Tests To Better Diagnose Your Eyes’ Condition
At Nicholas Rutkowski OD and Associates, we offer a variety of tests to diagnose and monitor astigmatism. These include:
- Visual Acuity Test – This test measures how well you can see from a distance. We use this test to determine the severity of your astigmatism.
- Keratometry Test – This test measures the curvature of your cornea. It helps our team evaluate the type and amount of astigmatism in each eye.
- Refraction Test – This test uses lenses to measure your visual acuity so that we can create the right prescription for glasses or contacts.
With each test we can arrive at the most accurate diagnosis to better treat your astigmatism. Our treatments will also prevent your astigmatism from worsening, keeping your eyes in optimal shape.
Get The Best Astigmatism Treatment
At Nicholas Rutkowski OD and Associates, we offer personalized treatment for people with astigmatism in Bourbonnais. We use the latest technology to diagnose astigmatism and develop a treatment plan tailored to your needs. We understand that various factors affect your eye health, so we strive to offer the best eye care solutions.
If you’re looking for the best care for your astigmatism, we invite you to call our office today.