LASIK eye surgery is a very common and safe procedure that can correct your vision and help you see more clearly. Most people who have the surgery will have excellent results and will not need to wear glasses or contact lenses after the surgery.
If you’re getting LASIK eye surgery and don’t know what to expect when it comes to recovery time, keep reading.
In continuation, we will discuss what to expect after LASIK eye surgery, such as
- Recovery Timeline
- What to Expect after Surgery
- Tips for a Speedy Recovery,
- Eye Specialist Recommendations
Explore more about what to expect after LASIK eye surgery.
Most people recover very quickly after LASIK eye surgery. Many people report improved vision within 24 hours of their procedure. However, it is essential to remember that everyone heals at a different rate. While some people may experience immediate results, others may need a few days or weeks for their vision to improve.
You will need to take it easy for the first few days after your surgery. You will also need to use eye drops as prescribed by your doctor. Following your doctor’s instructions is essential to ensure a successful recovery. It is important to continue attending follow-up appointments with your doctor to have a successful recovery time.
What To Expect After The Surgery
During the first few days after surgery, you may experience some blurry vision and light sensitivity. Your eyes may also be watering more than usual. These are all expected side effects and should subside within a few days.
Avoid strenuous activity or rubbing your eyes after LASIK surgery. You should also avoid swimming or using hot tubs for at least two weeks.
After any surgery, there is always a risk of infection or other complications. Some risks specific to LASIK surgery include:
– Dry eyes
– Flap complications
– Glare, halos, and double vision
– Under-correction or over-correction of your vision
It’s important to discuss all potential risks with your doctor before undergoing any surgery.
Tips for a Speedy Recovery after LASIK Eye Surgery
Most people with LASIK surgery experience little to no pain afterward. However, taking some time off from work or other activities is still essential to allow your eyes to heal properly. Here are a few tips for a speedy recovery after LASIK surgery:
- Get plenty of rest: Getting enough sleep after LASIK surgery is essential to help your eyes heal properly. Most people need at least 8 hours of sleep per night for the first week or two following surgery.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes: It’s important not to rub your eyes after LASIK surgery, as this can increase the risk of complications. If your eyes feel itchy, you can use artificial tears to help relieve the sensation.
- Wear sunglasses: Wearing sunglasses outdoors can help protect your eyes from the sun’s ultraviolet rays and wind.
- Avoid contact sports activities and driving at night: Having somebody drive you home after surgery is recommended.
Contact Dr. Nicholas Rutkowski for LASIK Surgery In Frankfort, IL
LASIK eye surgery is very delicate. The surgeon must be exact to avoid complications; this precision level takes time and care. That’s why you should choose Nicholas Rutkowski O.D. and Associates. They’re professional optometrists in Frankfort, IL, who will work with you to get the best possible outcome.
We provide superior eye care treatments at Nicholas Rutkowski, O.D., and Associates. Since 2010 our team has been providing quality eye care, prioritizing our patients’ needs. We’re part of the American Optometric Association and value excellence, making sure we recommend the best advice. Are you searching for eye doctors? Interested in LASIK surgery? Talk to a professional today.