The frequency with which you should have an eye exam depends on many factors, including your age, health history, and whether you have vision problems.
In this piece, we will answer the following questions:
- What are the multiples types of eye exams?
- When should you schedule an eye exam?
- Benefits of Scheduling an Eye Exam?
- Where can I find an Optometrist in Frankfort, IL?
What Are The Types of Eye Exams?
An optometrist or ophthalmologist can perform several different types of eye exams. The most common type of eye exam is the comprehensive eye exam, which assesses the eyes’ health and checks for any vision problems. Other eye exams include glaucoma testing, dilation, and visual field testing. Some specialists provide 2 in 1 eye exams in Frankfort that measure your eyesight and eye health.
When Should You Schedule an Eye Exam?
There is no definitive answer to this question, as it depends on several factors. However, most experts recommend that adults have their eyes checked every two years unless they have a specific reason to do so more frequently. Children and teenagers should have their eyes checked at least once a year. You should consult a specialist if you have any concerns about your vision or eye health.
What Are The Benefits of Scheduling an Eye Exam?
Eye exams are vital for maintaining healthy vision and detecting potential problems early. Some of the benefits of scheduling an eye exam include the following:
- Detecting vision problems early: If a vision problem is detected early, it is often easier to treat.
- Detecting other health conditions: Eye exams can sometimes detect other health conditions, such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Improving vision: If a vision problem is detected and treated early, it is often possible to improve vision.
- Preventing eye injuries: Eye exams can help prevent eye injuries by identifying potential hazards and making recommendations for safety precautions.
- Helping you see better: Even if you don’t have a vision problem, an eye exam can help you see better. A comprehensive eye exam can help determine the best type of corrective lenses for your needs. A proper eye exam can even give you the right astigmatism diagnosis.
Looking For an Optometrist in Frankfort, IL?
If you’re looking for an eye doctor in Frankfort, IL, Nicholas Rutkowski & Associates is the place to go. We offer various services, including 2 in 1 eye exams, contact lens fittings, and more. For advanced eye care in the Frankfort area, contact us today!