Your eyes get a lot of stress during the day. You rely on them daily to help you see the world around you. So, it’s key to take good care of them. If you wear contact lenses, there are a few basic guidelines you should follow to keep your eyes healthy and avoid future problems. If you’re a beginner, take advantage and start on the right foot with your new lenses.
Instructions To Put In Your Contact Lenses
If you already had an appointment with your eye doctor in Bourbonnais, IL, they have probably given you a rundown of how to put in your contact lenses. Anyways, refreshing your memory couldn’t hurt. Here are the basics of putting in your lenses:
- First, wash your hands with soap and water. You don’t want to introduce any extra bacteria into your eyes.
- Next, take out the lens you want to put in. Be sure to check that it’s not damaged in any way.
- Once you have the lens, hold it up to your eye and look through it. If it looks good, then you can proceed to the next step.
- To put the lens in, simply place it on your eye and blink a few times. The lens should settle into place.
Instructions To Remove Your Contact Lenses
When it’s time to take out your lenses, there are a few things you need to do to make sure the process goes smoothly:
- First, wash your hands with soap and water.
- Next, gently push up your lower eyelid with your middle finger.
- Then, using your index finger, reach up and grab the lens. You can then place the lens in the palm of your hand.
- Finally, repeat these steps for the other eye.
Remember that if you have any doubts, it’s always better to play safe and get in touch with your eye doctor in Bourbonnais, IL. With their help, you’ll be sure to take good care of your eyes and lenses.
Experts In Contact Lenses Near You
If you searched for an eye doctor and are looking for a reliable place to get your contact lenses, look no further than our experts at Nicholas Rutkowski O. D. & Associates. We have a wide variety of lenses and can help you find the right ones for your eyes. Contact us today to book your appointment now!